The Golf Buddy Tour is the big brother to the popular Golf Buddy Pro GPS. Functions are similar in both units, but the Golf Buddy Tour GPS features a full-color screen and larger memory-which can handle up to 20,000 courses.
The unit’s large screen automatically displays the distances to the greens, bunkers, and hazards-giving you confidence to make your next shot. It even charts the lay-up and carry distances so you can avoid the water hazards and sand traps that threaten your to ruin your round. Perhaps the best feature of the Golf Buddy Tour is the unit’s score tracking feature, which logs your score and helps calculate your handicap so you are able to track your progress as you go along. The Golf Buddy GPS provides all the information a golfer could need in a sleek and intuitive interface.
Free Preloaded Course Maps
A nice feature of the Golf Buddy Tour GPS Range Finder is that the unit comes preloaded with close to 20,000 course maps free of charge. This makes the Golf Buddy a great choice for those who are not computer savvy and don’t want to go through the hassle of syncing the unit to their computer to download their favorite courses. While some golf GPS units force users to pay for courses separately, owners of the Golf Buddy Tour never have to pay another cent once the unit is in their hands. For more advanced users, updates may be downloaded free of charge from the GolfBuddy GPS website. Users also have the ability to custom-map a course on their own or to download courses custom-mapped by another user. It is easy to see why the Golf Buddy Tour is considered one of the best golf GPS units on the market.
- Excellent value – One of the lowest priced color golf GPS systems available
- No download or membership fees
- Easy to set up and use. Perfect for those who have never used a golf course GPS before
- Clear, easy to read screen
- Accurate distances to greens, bunkers, lay-ups, and hazards
- Stores information on up to 20,00 courses from around the world
- Score tracking feature
- No computer is required
- Not as many bells & whistles as some of the more expensive GPS rangefinders
- Sync not compatible with Macs